Wednesday, February 5, 2014

The Rockford Files - Episode: "Chicken Little Is A Little Chicken" (1975)

The Church Angel Martin had his fake funeral service in:
First Christian Church Of North Hollywood
4390 Colfax Ave. Los Angeles, CA





Above Photo: In the opening scene they showed this church's bell tower ringing its bell. They used stock footage of a church bell ringing... This is not the bell tower on the First Christian Church Of North Hollywood.


ABOVE PHOTO: First Christian Church Of North Hollywood as it appears today.

---------------------------------------------------------

The hot dog stand which use to be located on the beach at Paradise Cove.

3 comments:

FireChicken said...

Great Site! Was it a running gag for the series to have Luis Delgado in most of the episodes? In “Chicken Little is a Little Chicken”, it certainly looks like Delgado behind Jim at Angel’s Fake Funeral, he hands Jim the last suitcase.

Rockford Files Tv Show said...

Actually James Garner used his brother and Luis a lot in his series, many times while wearing disguises. Jim like to keep the production money flowing to those he knew.

MaiMaiMai said...

One of my first jobs was at the snack bar. It was only open for summer & as they were winding it up I asked if I could work the restaurant. The waitresses were said to make big tips. I was 15 but said I’d be 18 that November. They hired me for hostess position and have me the weekend am slot which started at 6 am! The pier & fishing boats were still going and public fishing was still going strong. The then owner sat in the bar doing his business and remember him as being very nice, in one episode the construction of that bar can be seen across from JR trailer and in another the green wingback chair that he sat in is visible. Recently started watching with my bf & have been on a memory trip of my childhood. Finding this blog we jumped ahead to watch the Tom Selick episode. The house where the kidnapper was killed was a neighbor and friend of my mom. Vaguely remember when the episode was filmed. Must’ve had to go to school for that one. The Barnaby Jones episodes shot at the lake and Gloria’s house I remember clearly. My dog even got in one background shot!